As a parent, I begin each car ride home with, “How was your day?” And I usually get a “great or fun,” but what does that really mean to a five year old? Who are her friends? What did she do? As a working parent, I want to be able to talk to my daughter at the dinner table about what was fun and what she created. These types of conversations lead us in connecting as a family and also help me support her with her school work. But how do parents get this information?
Lucky for me my daughter’s teacher, Mrs. Vinci, has given parents a sneak peek into her classroom and keeps us organized at the same time by using a Shutterfly Share Site. Shutterfly Share site is a FREE PRIVATE WEBSITE that lets teachers and parents share photos and important school information with each other.
Here are the top 5 reasons why I LOVE IT:
#1 Easy to Access
Parents can create a shutterfly account and then use the password given by the teacher to access the website. The website can bee seen on any device and parents can download an app to their phones for quick access to the site.
#2 Keeps us Organized
The app is very easy to use. It automatically takes you to a menu that includes the following tabs:
- Latest updates & photos from the teacher
- Links to useful websites
- Upload Files for parents to access easily
- A list of all classroom and school events
- Reminder emails can be scheduled to send reminders to parents
- Parents can add it to their iOS calendar
Photos & Videos
- Themed grouped photos & videos
- Like, comment or save photos
- Teachers can also have room parents help manage the site by uploading photos after field trips and classroom parties.
Class List & Contacts
- Contact information for each student’s parent
- Contact information for the room parent & teacher
- Parents have access to lists of materials or support needed in the classroom.
- Room parents can create lists and manage the site for the teacher
- For questions that all can benefit from getting clarification. For example, questions about homework or upcoming special days/events.
#3 Share Photos
Not only can the teacher add photos, parents can add photos too! This helps everyone stay connected to the most precious moments.
#4 Create Keepsakes
Next to each set of photos, parents are given the option to order prints and/or create a custom photo book, cards, and calendars. These can make creating keepsake gifts for family members and teachers a breeze.
#5 It’s Free & Can be Used at Any Grade Level!
This site truly allows parents a glimpse into their child’s special days at school and truly helps to connect our home and school. Thank you Mrs. Vinci for this priceless gift!
Preview a shared site HERE.
Create your new Shutterfly Classroom Site HERE