Important: This setting is only available if you’re using an account through work, school, or another group.
Expiration dates cannot be set for people with edit access:
- If you set an expiration for someone with edit access, their access changes to “Can comment.”
- If you change someone’s access to “Can edit,” their access expiration will be removed.
- Go to drive.google.com or a Docs, Sheets, or Slides home screen.
- Select a file or folder.
- In Drive: At the top, click Share .
In Docs, Sheets, or Slides: In the top right, click Share.
- At the bottom right of the “Share with others” window, click Advanced.
- Under “Who has access,” find the person or group whose access time you want to limit. If they’re not listed, type their email address in the “Invite People” box and click Send.
- Next to the name of the person or group, click the Down arrow .
- From the list, select Set expiration.
- Next to “Access expires,” click the number of days to change the expiration date. Dates must be within one year of the current date.
- Click Save changes.